Smart Home Large Residential MVHR Heat Recovery Ventilation Unit - Wifi iPhone App, Wireless Router & BMS
- Large whole house MVHR heat recovery unit with summer bypass and purge options.
- Designed for all house, flat & apartment sizes with rates up to 191 l/s (690 m3/hour) & built-in summer bypass..
- Control everything from your tablet, iPhone, smart control with built-in WiFi router.
- Highly efficient G4 & F7 pollen, allergy and hay fever filters fitted as standard.
- Virtually silent continual operation with 5 year warranty for peace of mind.
Use this Blauberg BIM object in your project:
- KOMFORT EC SB 550
Frequently bought together
New for 2019 is, our updated Komfort EC SB 550 heat recovery units with smart home control system. This substantial upgrade enables you to program and control your indoor air quality from your smart phone or ipad using wifi or from anywhere in the world with a built-in smart hub. All Blauberg EC SB heat recovery units are now fitted with a built-in wireless router offering not just simple operation and control but full Modbus connectivity to any compatible building management system.
Komfort EC SB 550 Heat Recovery Units continue to be our flagship range with these additional control features and due to their ability to deliver high volumes of heat recovered air with low energy costs and low noise. A thick double skinned acoustic casing is used that dramatically reduces noise.
Two low energy, German EC fans are at the heart of the heat recovery unit, powerful enough to deliver airflow rates up to 208 l/s. This makes EC SB 550 units suitable for houses, flats, apartments, residential developments such as housing projects, student & nursing accommodation, offices and commercial civic installations.
G4 and F7 pollen, allergy and hay fever filters are fitted as standard, increasing efficiency down to PM2.5. For severe hey fever and allergy sufferers why not try the H13 HEPA filters for filtering pollen, airborne particles and other small particulate matter down to 0.3 microns.
Significant heat and energy is recovered from the dirty moist air as it passes through the heat recovery ventilation unit. Typically in an air tight house over 90% of the heat can be recovered and reused. Using traditional ventilation systems or extractor fans, this recovered energy would normally be extracted outside and wasted.
Benefits & Features
- Self-contained, MVHR ,whole house heat recovery unit, designed for mounting in a loft or cupboard space.
- Provides a balanced supply of fresh, filtered, heat recovered air to the living areas, whilst simultaneously extracting stale, moist, odorous air from "wet" rooms.
- Dramatically reduces the effects of mould, condensation, CO2 build up, VOC's, damp air and odours.
- Supply and extract airflow rate of up to 191 l/s (690 m3/hour).
- Recovers a large percentage of the heat that would otherwise be wasted during conventional ventilation.
- Full functionality of your heat recovery unit control directly from your smart phone or tablet with a buiit-in wireless router as standard.
- 5 year Blauberg warranty.
- Summer bypass allowing you to bypass the heat recovery process in the warmer summer months.
- Dual configuration options (can be mounted left or right-handed).
- Extremely low energy consumption with an SFP (specific fan power) as low as 0.60 w/l/s.
- Supplied with G4 & F7 pollution/allergy filters as standard.
- Fitted with German Blauberg, low energy EC motors for smooth, silent operation.
- ERP 2016, 2018 and A+ energy rating compliant.
- Holiday, trickle, boost, and purge speed control options.
- Independent BRE SAP Appendix Q listed (PCDB).
- Optional CO2, VOC, PM (particle matter) and humidity monitoring.
- Built-in frost protection.
- Fault and filter change indication as standard.
- Can be connected to fire alarm, external airflow dampers and cooling equipment.
- Designer LCD display and WiFi timer switches available as optional extras.
Smart Phone, Tablet and BMS controls and programming
- Additional simple manual speed control, boost and timer override functions.
- 24 hour, 7 day programmable scheduling - set your heat recovery unit to work when you want, how you want.
- Condensation, humidity and temperature monitoring and control capabilities.
- Allergy sensing, CO₂, VOC, pollen and airborne particle monitoring and control capabilities.
- Automatic summer bypass operation to prevent overheating in summer months.
- Anti frost protection for increased heat recovery efficiency.
- Filter maintainance alarm.
- Simple fault finding menu.
- Control of electric and water pre-heaters and re-heaters and coolers if fitted.
- Fire alarm connection if fitted.
In engineering mode, every element of the heat recovery units capabilities can be set up, commissioned, adjusted and password protected including the following:
- Commissioning speed control adjustment of both supply and extract fans on all speeds to meet building regulation airflow rates.
- No need for separate router for commissioning.
- Set-point adjustment of humidity, temperature, CO2, VOC, PPM filtration, heating, cooling, filter clogging functions.
- Link to smart controls for WiFi, router, cloud, Ethernet and RS-485 set up functions.
Air handling units for efficient energy saving supply and exhaust ventilation in flats, houses, cottages and other premises. Heat and humidity recovery minimizes ventilation heat losses during cold season and reduces air conditioner load during hot season. Controllable air exchange for creating the best suitable indoor microclimate. Compatible with round Ø 125, 160 or 200 mm air ducts.FANS
The units are equipped with high-efficient EC motors with an external rotor and a centrifugal impeller with backward curved blades. EC motors have the best power consumption to air capacity ratio and meet the latest demands concerning energy saving and high-efficient ventilation. EC motors are featured with high performance, low noise level and optimum control across the entire speed range. The impellers are dynamically balanced.BYPASS
The KOMFORT EC SB(-E) units are equipped with a bypass for ventilation (air cooling by the cool air from outside).
The casing is made of double-skinned polymer-coated steel panels, internally filled with 20, 25, 30, 40 mm (depending on the unit model) mineral wool layer for heat- and sound-insulation. The unit is equipped with a hinged service panel to enable convenient access for maintenance or repair operations. The spigots are located at the top of the unit and are equipped with rubber seals for airtight connection to the air ducts.AIR FILTRATION
The built-in F7 filter provides efficient supply air filtration. The G4 filter is used for extract air cleaning. The G3 filters are used for supply and exhaust air filtration in the KOMFORT EC S(B) 200 units. Supply air in the KOMFORT EC S(B) 250 units is purified by the G4 and F7 filters. The G4 filter is used for extract air cleaning.
The KOMFORT EC S(B) unit is equipped with a plate counter-flow polystyrene heat exchanger for heat recovery. The unit condensate is collected and drained to the drain pan under the heat exchanger.
The KOMFORT EC S(B)-E unit is equipped with an enthalpy plate counter-flow heat exchanger for energy (heat and humidity) recovery. Due to humidity recovery condensate is not generated in the enthalpy heat exchanger. The air flows are completely separated in the heat exchanger. Thus smells and contaminants are not transferred from the extract air to the supply air. Heat recovery is based on heat and/or humidity transfer through the heat exchanger plates. In the cold season supply air is heated in the heat exchanger by transferring the heat energy of warm and humid extract air to the cold fresh air. Heat recovery minimizes ventilation heat losses and heating costs respectively. In the warm season the heat exchanger performs reverse and intake air is cooled in the heat exchanger by the cool extract air. That reduces operation load on air conditioners and saves electricity. When the indoor and outdoor temperature difference is insignificant, heat recovery is not reasonable. In this case the heat exchanger can be temporary replaced with a summer block for the warm season (available as a specially ordered accessory).
The units are designed for wall or floor mounting. Universal casing design provides either left-handed or right-handed unit installation.CONTROL AND AUTOMATION
The KOMFORT EC S(B)(-E) units are equipped with an integrated automation system. The remote control panel is not included in the delivery set (available separately). The S21 controller allows integrating the unit into the Smart Home system or BMS (Building Management System). The unit can be controlled by the Blauberg AHU mobile application via Wi-Fi.
The KOMFORT EC S(B)(-E) units have an integrated automation system with a wall-mounted control panel S14 with a LED indication. The KOMFORT EC S(B) 200 are available only with an S14 automation.
|Electrical Supply||1 Phase 220/250 50/60Hz|
|Please choose Size||200mm Dia|
|Ingress Protection (IP) Rating||IP X4|
|Duct Connection Size||200mm Dia|
|Energy Rating||ERP 2018|
|Tax Class||Taxable Goods|
You might also like to use this Blauberg BIM objects in your project:
|Model||Overall dimensions [mm]|
|KOMFORT EC SB 550||200||720||730||675||760||823|
|KOMFORT EC SB 550|
|G4 panel filter||FP 630x198x40 G4|
|F7 panel filter||FP 630x198x40 F7|
|Wireless control panel||S22 Wi-Fi|
|LCD control panel||S25|
|CO2 sensor with indication||CD-1|
|Kitchen exhaust hood||DAH 251-13|
|Electric preheater||EVH 200|
|Electric reheater||ENH 200|
|Syphon kit (for the units without an enthalpy heat exchanger)||SFK 20x32|
|Air damper||VKA 200|
|Sound power level, A-weighted||Total||Octave frequency band [Hz]||LpA 3 m||LpA 1 m|
|LwA to supply inlet [dBA]||54||47||42||50||44||41||39||39||31|
|LwA to supply outlet [dBA]||69||63||56||65||59||55||50||52||46|
|LwA to exhaust inlet [dBA]||54||47||41||51||43||33||31||34||30|
|LwA to exhaust outlet [dBA]||65||61||50||61||55||46||43||46||40|
|LwA to environment [dBA]||47||42||37||43||36||31||28||26||21||26||36|
Data provided for point 1 of the air flow diagram
Calculation of air temperature downstream of the heat exchanger:
t = toutd + khr × (textr - toutd) / 100,
where toutd – outdoor air temperature [°C] textr – extract air temperature [°C] khr – heat exchanger efficiency (according to the diagram) [%]